Thursday, September 29, 2011

The Long Journey Home

Well, Readers last night we spent in our new/old home. Are you wondering what it was like to move into your childhood home but as the new owners? I’m sure some of you are. The rest are stuck reading about it anyway.

 

There was a weird sense of Déjà vu with moving into a place for a second time. There is a big difference between moving as a 17 year old and then moving into the same place as a 33 year old. I don’t remember there being so many many stairs the first time,,, But it was like coming home after a long journey. We don’t have much stuff at the new house yet but we had enough to make the nigh comfortable and after the break in I was NOT spending another night in Le Chateau Ghetto. The burglary was like a giant neon sign on the Las Vegas Strip saying “Get the Hell out”. So we did.

 

C and I placed our bed on the floor in my parents old room. He went to get another load from the Chateau and I bathed the kids. After bath I got them dressed and tried to settle them in. C arrived home and brought bedding. It’s new since we were told to not use the old linens on the chance of mold spoors. The kids were hyper and it took forever to get them calmed down to sleep. Since we only had one bed over there we all shared.

 

From the very beginning I felt like I had just come home but as I got into bed last night the weirdest thing happened, I could smell my father’s cologne. It was all over the room. I had no trouble falling asleep and slept better than I have for the last 7 years.

 

The 7 years I spent on the long journey home…

0 comments:

Post a Comment