Monday, May 28, 2012

Craft Classes at Craft Stores

Pin It

Did you know that most craft stores also offer classes in a lot of crafts? Classes like cake decorating, sewing, knitting, crochet, and even scrap booking. Most of these classes are pretty cheap as well. When I didn't have kids and had a lot of spare time I took Wilton Cake decorating at Michael's. As I remember each class was $30 PLUS you needed to buy the class kits as well as supplies. I took all 4 classes there and I think I ended up spending with all the supplies around $200. In the end I even got paid to make a few cakes and made my money back. On the other hand I gained 20 pounds and will NEVER like buttercream icing again!

2 weeks ago I took Basic Sewing 101 at Joann's ETC. I spent $17.50 and I got personalized attention on how to thread my machine and a few basic techniques. Joann's offers a bunch more sewing classes that I want to take if I can fit it in with my Midwife school, apprenticeship, and most importantly time with my family.

I really recommend people take advantage of these inexpensive classes and learn some of these dying arts!

Let me know how it goes...

0 comments:

Post a Comment