Tuesday, October 18, 2011

It was Our House Why Can't We Strip It Bare?

Yesterday I turned in the last of the paperwork needed to give up Le Chateau Ghetto. The family is settling really well here in La Villa Tranquilla. I know there are a lot of people out there in similar situations that we were in last month. Maybe not necessarily living in a house that was making them sick but going through foreclosure and moving out. I have been asked a few times about the experience. We are so grateful to be living here and to have such a nice place now.

However, I have noticed that while looking through Craig's List for some cheap and new furnishings how many people in the same situation as us are gutting their houses! I don't understand this....

How can these people feel like this is something they CAN do? Someone even asked me if C and I were going to take the kitchen cabinets with us. NO! This isn't Italy you don't take the kitchen with you when you leave....

We did not sell the drywall or the stove. We did not pull up the new floor in the kitchen or pull down the cabinets.


There is no way that doing that is okay. No one forced you to buy a house you couldn't afford. Nothing gives you the right to gut it!

0 comments:

Post a Comment