Tuesday, January 24, 2012

The Hall Project

I have a well Kind of a hall at the top of the stairs. It lacked some pizazz and I had some left over paint from The Chateau. I also had 2 vinyl Chandeliers I had gotten from Dali's Decals that needed a home. The Original owner of the house was a Gospel Singer (she never actually lived in the house just badly decorated it). She had 1970's mirrors placed all over the house. In the upstairs hall there was a diamond shape one. MOM HATED THE MIRRORS! She removed them from her closet in the Master Bedroom but was worried about damaging the walls in the removal of them in the hall. Well, I'm adventurous SO I removed them. Before I took them off though I started painting but wasn't smart enough to take a picture before I put brush to wall.

Here is what it looked like:


You can see the top of the diamond painted White to disguise it.

Yeah it was ugly

After I finished painting and pulled off the mirrors I was left with a big white diamond.

I had to putty the holes left by the construction adhesive


But I still had plenty of my old friend from the Chateau:

You can pick this up at Home Depot for under $10




Can you see the diamond now?

Finished

Well Finished as soon as I replace that light!

0 comments:

Post a Comment