Sunday, January 30, 2011

The Bathroom Elements are Coming Together!

So I told you that I had found the perfect vanity for the bathroom remodel at a trailer park for $20. Here is a picture of it after it had been sanded down, re stained, and varnished. The wheels need to be replaced still and the knobs although at first I thought they were glass turned out to be just plastic and broke at that. They will have to be replaced as well.                                Above you will see the faucet we
 ended up with. It looks like the chrome one but
it has that lovely curved spout that I love. My three
year old son picked it out. I think he did a very nice job!



I got excited today and took the sink out of it's box. It's been just sitting in the bathroom since October and every once in a while I drag it out to see how pretty it is and how nice it will look when it's all done. 
Here are three paint samples I threw up on the wall to check out. The far left is called "Hint of Mint". I think it's a bit to light for the space. Don't you?
The second one is called "Water Spout" and both C and I love it. We never agree on color so I was very surprised.
The right one is called "Peach Tree" and although a lovely shade I can't help but feel that "Water Spout" wants to come and live with us for awhile. 

1 comments:

  1. i agree- water spout!

    The sink looks AWESOME i cant wait for it all to be put together with the faucet

    ReplyDelete