Friday, February 24, 2012

Dishwasher Vinyl

Pin It
Maybe this is only a problem in my house, but I never know if the the dishes in the dishwasher are clean or dirty.  Quite a few times I've grabbed something out of it thinking it was clean only to find some sort of gunk stuck to it. Yuck!  On the other side I've ran the dishwasher only to find out that my hubby ran it already.  What a waste of water and soap!  So I devised a little solution.

Now all we have to do is move the magnet to clean when we run it and dirty when we unload it. Pretty simple. :)
Here's how I did it.

First, cut out the design, then weed out all the vinyl that is not part of the design.

Next, put mashing tape over the design.  I use masking tape instead of transfer paper because it is a lot cheaper, but you get the same result.


Peel off the paper backing


Place it where you want it.


Use a putty knife or other flat surface to firmly press on the vinyl.  This ensures that it will stick. 


Remove the tape.


Stand back and admire your work!



See you next week,
Brenda


4 comments:

  1. Hi Brenda, stopping by from Colours Dekor link party. That is a great idea! And it kind of decorates your diswasher!
    I'm your newest follower and I'd LOVE if you stopped by my blog.
    Greetings from Spain
    http://www.handmadebyizz.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have the same problem at our house! "Are the dishes clean or dirty?" This will be a great way to let everyone know! Thanks so much for linking up to So Very Creative, I featured this today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh you clever girl. This is kind of a universal issue so I featured your post this week on BeColorful's Motivated Monday. Thanks for linking up.
    pam

    ReplyDelete
  4. For many people this is the best solution here see how to do it.
    top-5-best-cheap-dishwasher-detergents

    ReplyDelete