Friday, February 3, 2012

Make your Own Marinade

Pin It

My Dad until he retired was a Chef on the World Famous Las Vegas Strip. I can't cook but there are a few things I can do. I can make a mean marinade! Dad taught me how.

There are only 3 ingredients for a perfect marinade:

  1. Oil -  I use Olive because it makes me feel Healthy.

           2. An Acid - I use Vinegar mostly because it offers a lot of variety in flavors but you can use Lemons, Oranges, or Limes.


   3. Aromatics - this means spices that smell good and go well together. Today I used Garlic and Rosemary.


Add these bad boys to your meat or even your veggies. I use a plastic zipper bag and then I shake it all about making sure everything gets coated. Let sit for at least 30 minutes in the fridge! Cook anyway you like. Mine will be baked...


Tonight's Dinner - Thick Cut Pork Chops baked at 350 degrees until the meat is 145 degrees internal.

Enjoy making your own Marinades and be sure to let me know how it goes...

4 comments:

  1. that sounds delish I've never tried a balsamic marinade I would love you to add this and any other posts you want to show off to my What We Wore and Made party over at http://raegunwear.blogspot.com/search/label/WWWMW

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're doing the low-carb thing right now, so I'm all about the marinades. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I so needed this tutorial! :) I want to try this out! Thanks for sharing at oopsey daisy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Delicious! Thanks for sharing at my party!!! Happy Valentine's Day!!! XO, Aimee

    PS I'm your newest follower!

    ReplyDelete