Wednesday, June 15, 2011

So I ran into my neighbor yesterday. He was trying to refi his house or do a loan modification. He said his townhouse appraised for $22,000! I was super shocked. Ours is in worse shape than his and we owe $88,000 left on it.

 He told me a few of the other townhouses on the other side of the street from us (our complex is separated by a street but is all the same area) have been condemned! As in freaking unfit to live in! I was like WTF...

 He also told me that the woman on the other side of him had her 2nd bathroom floor collapse as well as he did too. All around the same time ours did. By then we had a few neighbors out there talking. It turns out that the 4 townhomes in a row ours included all had floor collapse around the same time.

 10 years ago the HOA hired a roofing company. They scrapped off the old roof and just put down tar. A lot of the 198 homes ended up with major roof problems. Our finally collapsed into Goo's room about 4 years ago. They took 6 months to replace the roof but you could see the sky in Goo's room until they did. Turns out while it took the HOA so long to replace the roofs there was major structural damage done to the homes.

My point here????

 

 

It isn't OUR FAULT! WE DIDN'T DO IT! YAY!

 

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment