Monday, June 27, 2011

To Every Season Turn Turn Turn

After  a lot of debate and talking to professionals C and I have decided to leave the Chateau Ghetto. It has not been an easy choice. It makes my heart ache like nothing else. We have loved that house more than anything. We went through a lot there. We became a family there taking both of our children home from the hospital. We know every screw, nail, and piece of drywall in it.

 

We made this decision based on a few things:

 

1.     the rate the Chateau is falling apart versus our ability to repair it.

2.     Our unit is the 4th one from the right and the 3rd one from the left. 2 units are either side of us had the floor in the 2nd bathroom collapse and 3 of the 4 have no intention of repairing the damage choosing to walk away and let someone else deal with it.

3.     We believe that even if we had the money to fix it with the other houses still in this shape what good will it do for us to repair ours if theirs is going to leak into ours and ruin it all over again.

4.     The babies and I keep getting sick. We have been fighting off respiratory infections since February. The Pediatrician and my doctor have linked it to the moisture in the house and possible mold (there's our old friend again).

5.     It is just no longer safe. 

I have no idea where we will end up or how we will end up. I just know I will miss my dear friend/enemy for the rest of my days and I will cry as I close the door for the last time.

 

I will not be closing this blog however because the spirit of what we were trying to create in Le Chateau Ghetto is not dying. We will find a new place somewhere else and we will love it and some day lessons hard learned we will buy a new place and we will make a new dream there.

 

 

~Sher~

 

 

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment