Friday, July 29, 2011

Child Birth Educator Classes

 

Last week I began my studies to become a Childbirth Educator. When I became pregnant with Goo I was so amazed by everything that was going on with me that I read everything about pregnancy I could get my hands on. I took a CB class and it scared the crud right out of me with giant needles and crochet hooks from hell. When I went into labor a month early I panicked and ended up having an emergency caesarian birth. I had a placenta abruption and was literally a few minutes from bleeding to death. Thanks to a wonderful doctor Goo and I are both here and we even have little Gouda as well. Soon after I had Goo my sister became pregnant with twins. She would call me and ask me all kinds of questions and I was excited to talk babies and share what I had learned. Then someone on C’s side got pregnant and again I was excited to help. Mandy and I were pregnant together and it was nice to share once again the things I had learned and what I was going through with someone. I went through training to be a Doula and I love it but I love the Childbirth and Pregnancy education parts the most. So I looked around and I found a great school. Childbirth International and I am already half way through the first of three sections. I have decided that I will hold classes in our new home and I have even began to formulate ideas.

 

I would like to hold the regular CBE classes without the agendas you get from the other places out there such as the Hospitals, birthing centers, Lamaze, Bradley, or Birthing from Within. I want a class that is designed around what the mother wants to know and how she wants to give birth, not how I want her to or some guidebook.

 

I would also like to offer Preconception classes as I find there is a lot of bad information out there. It would also be nice to share all the stuff I learned over the 3 years it took for us to have Goo.

 

I think I would like to offer Infertility classes that discuss the tests, treatments, and the emotional roller coaster that you go on with those experiences. Something good and useful has to come out of that experience.

 

What do you think I should teach?

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment