Monday, March 28, 2011

Old World Charm in Le Chateau Ghetto

I went to college to study Anthropology with the goal of being a Archaeologist. I love old world things and have a touch of nostalgia for the design that I've never really seen in person or had a chance to experience first hand. When we bought the Chateau I decorated each room as though I was in a different European country. The Master Bedroom was an old Greek Ruin complete with columns, vines, and cracks.  Now, it is all coming apart and I still want Old World Charm. Before I was married my Dad and I made a 4 poster bed. I drilled holes into the tops of each pole and threaded rope through them. I used the rope to completely encapsulate the bed in sheer curtains. I was going for this look.
Doesn't this just look awesome? My old bed came close to this kind of nifty but not as much as I wanted it to. I'm working on redoing the Master Bedroom. I need to rip up the sub floor (it's in bad shape) and replace it before I can put down Laminate flooring. I'd like to do something like this and I have an idea.


Ceiling Mounted Curtain Rods. Here are two examples of them that I found. I guarantee you without a doubt that this will be the next big thing in Master Bedroom design. It's like when everyone was putting mosquito netting around their beds hung from those bamboo hoops. The second one is my favorite and I am leaning towards this. Amazon is selling the exact same ones as ABC Distributing. Amazon wants $60 for theirs but ABC wants $24.95.

I'm including a link just in case you want them.
http://www.abcdistributing.com/home/catalog/cat_item_pg.asp?G=914&P=66&Rec=11&Ntt=ceiling+mounted+curtain+rods&N=35&Nao=0&R=643082-1CLM---2

Hope that works!

0 comments:

Post a Comment