Tuesday, March 8, 2011

What have we done to our little Goo!!!

My son Goo is three years old. I think he is the smartest toddler ever created. He was born into a house undone. The goal was to have the whole house completed before my due date. It would have been too if not for my water breaking and me having him a month early. Oh, and things keep breaking, collapsing, and getting moldy. So poor Goo has been remodeling besides Mom and Dad his whole life. It doesn't look like it will end anytime soon either. Last night while waiting for C to come home, Goo, Gouda, and I were hanging out in my bedroom watching the DIY channel! We were watching a show called Renovation Realities. This is one of my favorite shows because it is like this blog, renovation by people that are doing things they really don't know how to do and really shouldn't be doing. Yep, it's us! The difference of course is the TV cameras showing the world what morons they are (I just use this blog and a bit of anonymity) and they always have much better budgets than I do. Last night's kitchen had a budget of $7,000! Our budget was $2,000. I think our kitchen turned out nicer too! At least when I finish it, it will look nicer.

As we watched Goo was getting antsy. The gentleman remodeler on the screen was pulling a electrical line out of the wall. He had actually shut off one breaker. However, as C and I learned most kitchen have more than one breaker!!! So he couldn't figure out with the breaker off why there was still power to the line. He used a tester and it showed it was still live. He decided he would pull the line out anyway!!! Surprise surprise it sparkled and crackled with electricity on the floor. Goo grabbed his head and screamed "Oh no, Mom he didn't shut off the other breaker!"  I just sort of looked at him. Maybe I heard him wrong. "Oh Mom why he do that? Dumb man." Okay that I know I understood.



"He didn't know he shouldn't honey. It's okay see it's the next day and he's okay." I'm not sure how he didn't electrocute himself. That how we learned the 2 breaker rule. We electrocuted C… I don't recommend this way of learning and neither does C! Always shut off your breakers!

The next section of the show showed the installation of the cabinets. This C and I had learned via the DIY channel and YouTube. Sad but it's true….

The gentleman remodeler installed the base cabinets before the wall cabinets. This you shouldn't do. If you install the base first then you have to maneuver over them to install the wall cabinets. This one C and I got right!!!!


Once again Goo was getting upset "Mom he's doing it wrong. You do the top first not the bottom. He's just silly." with this Goo had had enough. He shook his head in disgust and left the room.


So I ask you folks out there in blog land, What have we done to our little Goo???



0 comments:

Post a Comment