Wednesday, March 30, 2011

The Weekend in a Nutshell!

I was very busy this weekend. First I have saturday and Sundays off. C has Thursday and Sunday off. This saturday I set to pulling up the pull and stick tile in thr front room. Now I know what your thinking, Why not just leave it in place? That's a very good question. We are using the same laminate flooring in the front room as we used in the kitchen. The rooms are connected through a small hall. The kitchen was taken from ceramic tile down to cement and if we were to continue the line and didn't take out the pull and stick there would be a slight bump when we got to the tile part. So it had to go. I know what you're going to ask now. Why didn't you just use a transition molding on the floor in between the hall and the front room? I tell you someone else did the floor in the kitchen because when I went to do it people objected strenously because I was 8 months pregnant and on bedrest. I know pregnancy isn't an illness! That's what I said but I was vetoed! Anyways the person that did the kitchen started the hall and pulled up the tile in it so I thought that I needed to finish the hall and a transition piece would look weird right there.

So I pulled up the pull and stick. Six years ago when we put it in we were told by several people how dumb it was and that it would never stick. Well, I have got to tell you that little Gouda was helping me. When I say helping what I mean was she was sitting in front of me poking the floor. She got bored and went to crawl away but discovered that the sticky worked so well her pants were stuck to the floor.

0 comments:

Post a Comment