Friday, May 20, 2011

Finding Joy in the Journey Weekend

The last few days words from a plaque I have hanging in my home have really been running through my head. They are words from a talk I heard a few years ago from a very wise man. The plaque reads "Find Joy in the Journey". I loved the talk and felt the inspiration and love behind the message. I felt like I should share it with my readers to express what has been going on with me and my family lately.

In order to do that I need to share the whole quote with you not just one phrase.

 

 

He said "This is our one and only chance at mortal life—here and now. The longer we live, the greater is our realization that it is brief. Opportunities come, and then they are gone. I believe that among the greatest lessons we are to learn in this short sojourn upon the earth are lessons that help us distinguish between what is important and what is not. I plead with you not to let those most important things pass you by as you plan for that illusive and nonexistent future when you will have time to do all that you want to do. Instead, find joy in the journey—now. Let us relish life as we live it, find joy in the journey, and share our love with friends and family. One day each of us will run out of tomorrows."

I cannot tell you the great impact reading these words this morning have had on me and the great notebooks of plans I have. I ran into a old friend in the store at lunch time. He has always been a man that has found as much joy in life as possible. He told me his beloved wife had recently passed away. There was tremendous pain in his voice. I cannot fathom what he was feeling. His only regret was that he didn't have more time to spend with his wife. Anyone who had ever meet him heard of his dear wife and the love he had for her was immense. It was palpable when you spoke with him.

 

I am taking this as a sign and I am very determined today. As Chris, Logan, Ronan and I work to put our home together we will cherish every second we spend together working on Le Chateau Ghetto. We are throwing away the notebooks and plans of a better tomorrow. We are embracing the today and the project at hand. We are not building a home. We are building memories and we are building a family.

 

So, I challenge each of you reading this to Find Joy in your Journey this weekend. Do something this weekend that brings you joy!

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment