Wednesday, May 18, 2011

My Own Pep Talk

 

 

 

I am giving myself a pep talk. Frankly, I need it and I was thinking maybe you out there in Blogland could use it too!

 

So here goes….

 

 

I once had this job. It was in an office. The office was managed by a gentleman I called Squishy. Really, I called my boss Squishy for 9 years.  It wasn't out of contempt or to be mean. That's just me. I call my boss right now Seamus and trust me that isn't her name at all.

 

So one day Squishy is dealing with a Tyrannical Ken doll that was a distributor of the goods sold by the company I worked for. The Tyrannical Ken doll was a pompous ass. He thought way too much of himself and wanted to throw his weight around. He choose the wrong person. I forget what started the conversation between Ken Doll and Squishy but Ken Doll was very unhappy that Squishy wouldn't back down. Squishy was actually in the right and a very stubborn fella! (If he reads this I stand by that statement).

 

The conversation turned nasty and I was looking for a hiding place. I'm glad I didn't find it because what happened next has been an inspiration to me for many years.

 

Ken Doll: You will do what I say Squishy!

 

Squishy: No I won't Ken Doll.

 

Ken Doll: If you don't I'll make your life a living hell! (Ken Doll leans forward with a harsh look on his face)

 

Squishy: (starts laughing)  No you won't! At the end of the day I'm still going to go home kiss my wife and play with my kids. The most you can do is make work uncomfortable and if you do no bigee I find a new job.

 

Squishy laughs and walks away. Ken Doll stands there with a stunned look on his face. Then he leaves and true to his word Ken Doll mildly annoys Squishy but can't make Squishy's life a living anything.

 

 

Moral of this story….

 

 

No matter how stressed or crappy things can get out there as long as you can kiss your spouse and play with your kids WHO CARES!

0 comments:

Post a Comment