Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Hot Water.. It's a Tankless Job!

So, the Chateau doesn't have a lot of storage and I've been working on changing that. C and I have storage under the stairs we call it "Evie's Room". When we bought the house C joked with his little sister that she had her own room @ our new house. She was really excited about it until C told her that it was the storage room. She wasn't too amused and to be honest being the 8th child I understand what it's like to be teased by older siblings that think their funny and I wouldn't have let C tell her that. However, to this day we still call it "Evie's Room". The dominating feature of the storage room is the giant hot water heater. We've been thinking for awhile now that if we went tankless then we'd have more storage. I know most people get tankless water heaters for the energy conservation and the good impact on the environment not to mention their pocket book. I wonder if we are the only ones out there that want one for the space saving?

I've been doing some research and the first step is to figure out the size of tankless water heater you need is. I found this chart that help you figure that out. Each shower head is per "Hot Water" appliance used simultaneously. The GMP shows you how big of a tank you need or should I say tankless.






So C and I need one that's around 7.1 GPM.

The next thing I looked at was how they actually work. I found this chart and it makes it really easy to understand.









The next step was finding out if we need gas or electric and that one was easy enough. I read the label on the current water heater.

Then pick out the tankless water heater of your choice. I want this one.
It's got great reviews and I love how compact it is.



 Of course you need to make sure that your circuit can handle this. This one is 36kw. Which means it need about 3 circuits on your breaker to handle the load.

C and I will hire an electrician to make sure ours can handle it and I don't think that will be too expensive. The HOA has a great one that is super cheap plus he's licensed and bonded!!!


Make sure you go to Amazon.com and check it out for yourself!

0 comments:

Post a Comment