Thursday, March 15, 2012

Still Looking for the perfect Fabric Headboard

Pin It

For months I've wanted a fabric covered headboard.
Since we were renters for so long and moved so much,
it really wasn't a possibility.

Well, I no longer have to wait.
For instructions on how to do this,
I would go here.

Here is my bed before:
It was really easy to do, we had it done in less than an hour.
I enlisted the help of some brawny men to help
muscle it to the wall, but the rest was up to my
untrained eye.

By the way, I went with the pink side of the fabric.
Why? I just decided it was more "me" and with all
of the black and white mirrors on the long wall, I needed
some color. Plus, if my husband was up for that much pink in our bedroom,
I had to go for it. And wait till you see the "after" pictures...I am so glad I did it.

Of course, my kids had to be around,
getting in the way, helping.


....my hunky hubs, kind of can't resist a man with power tools...



....look at my Dad's handsome hand against the pink fabric :)...





It's as if my kids knew how nervous I was that this would all come together,
they wouldn't leave us alone.
Maybe if I do more of these projects, they won't be
so curious.



Here it is...


We mounted it to the wall,
mainly because we plan on staying here for a bit,
and it's 4 feet high....so very tall.

{bedside tables are from Ikea, and lamps are from HomeGoods}

...and I happen to love it's grandeur....
..finally, I have a bit of luxury in my kid-filled life.


I also found a faux orchid arrangement to add color to my



...I wrapped a couple of books in wrapping paper,
just to give them a better look...
and that shell I found at a thrift store...
I paid less than a dollar for it!



Here's the final "after" shot...
I put a pillow from my DIY chair on there to show how
a bunch of fun colored pillows will make the look complete.

I hope to work on that in the next couple of weeks.

In the meantime, I'm looking for a vanity table
for my makeup and jewelry...and a bench for the end of the bed.

Overall, the cost for all materials was $160
vs. $1000's that most stores are charging right now.....
I love decor,
my way{seriously, who has a bubble-gum pink headboard?},
and on a budget.

{Tip: I got the fabric at Jo Ann Fabrics...it was $53.99/yard, yikes!....
I waited and it went on sale for 40% off, also had two coupons for the
batting and foam at 50% off, it pays to wait for coupons
on a project of this size!}


****Update**** Here is the headboard with the pillows I sewed,
makes the whole project complete....


Toodles!

0 comments:

Post a Comment