Friday, April 6, 2012

Easy Chocolate Truffles

Pin It

Easy Chocolate Truffles: from my sister Lei Loni the Pastry Chef



Ingredients:
1 (2 lbs) bag of powdered sugar
1 (8 oz.) cream cheese softened
1/4 c. cocoa powder
1 (12oz.) bag of chocolate chips
1 (Tbs.) shortening
1-2 (Tbs.) extract



Mix the softened cream cheese with the powdered sugar until stiff consistency. Roll into 1 inch balls. Refrigerate until firm (about 2 hours) Melt the chocolate chips with the shortening over low heat. With a fork, dip the chocolates into the melted chocolate and place upon cookie sheets covered in waxed paper. Refrigerate until firm. We use this recipe at special holidays. What we do is mix a large batch and then add various mix ins such as nuts, coco powder, crushed peppermint candies. My daughters favorite are flavored with maple extract and coated in milk chocolate. My sons like added chocolate and rum extract to the mixture and dipped in dark chocolate. My sister swears that my lemon dipped in white chocolate makes her "butt twitch in delight"! I often use contrasting melted chocolate to decorate them. I do this by dipping a fork into the chocolate that is melted and sort of throwing the contrasting chocolate onto the truffles. I actually did ones for a wedding that were decorated with edible gold. Use your imagination when coming up with the combinations.

0 comments:

Post a Comment